- When getting healthy for life feels too daunting a task, break it down into small steps. Let go of one old and unwanted habit at a time and replace it with a healthy new one that feels good.
- The important takeaway is to just get started! Star with Almased! As little as one serving of Almased daily supports your overall health and wellness.
- Two methods are cited to help you empower yourself when making health habits: 1) Dr. John McDougall, M.D. advocates to “fix the food” you eat, all at once, right now; moderation does not work for changing life-destroying habits. 2) Suhas Kshirsagar, M.D. suggests “Take small and impactful steps toward improved well-being and vitality.
- 6 Tips to improve mental health include: Positivity, Gratitude, Exercise, Diet, Helpfulness to others, Quality of sleep.
- Living healthy is NOT as difficult as it seems. Check out Almased’s Figure Plan - 4 Phases to Success. Solid science supports that Almased is outstanding and their “afterburning effect” is just a part of the Almased Weight Loss Phenomenon.
- Once you experience Almased for yourself and how good it makes you feel, you won’t want to stop!
How to Get Healthy for Life
The thought of getting healthy for life can provoke quite a challenge as it can imply the idea of giving up what you enjoy. We all want to feel our best but don’t always know how to achieve the long-term habits to make that happen. Even when we want to change, old habits die hard.
The best way to get healthy is to start from where you are, go forward, and let go of old habits that don’t serve you.
And, If I need to get healthy and you need to get healthy, it’s likely we each have a different starting point. No matter where you are at or how far you need to go, just get going.
Empower yourself. Take action. Get your health back!
For starters, look to Almased for lifelong support. Whether you need to lose weight to be healthier or maintain the weight you have achieved, to help dissolve body fat while protecting muscle, or help control blood sugar and insulin levels, create the one healthy habit that will outshine any other by drinking a delicious Almased nutritional shake every day.
Even a dosage of 1 serving of Almased per day, supports overall health and wellness.
Here is what Almased weight loss winner Jamie C.1 had to say:
“I have always had a weight problem. The first time that I was on a diet, I was ten years old. If there was a diet, I had tried it, and none worked for me. It was very discouraging. I am 63 years old and lost a total of 67 pounds… I walk 3 miles a day, have more energy, sleep less, move easily and look at food differently. My doctor took a picture of me and put it on her website. Friends who hadn’t seen me in a while did not recognize me. Almased changed my life!”
Of all the ways to get healthy, think about these two different avenues used to reach the same destination. There are the “Fast and Furious” or the “One-step-at-a-time” methods to instill healthy changes that you’ll want to build into your lifestyle and keep for your lifetime.
Dr. John McDougall, M.D. and author of "The Healthiest Diet on the Planet"2 advocates for immediate lifestyle changes and to eat only healthy foods. He goes on to identify ‘food poisoning’ (from eating the Standard American Diet of unhealthy foods) as the number one cause of most all our unhealthy conditions.
Dr. McDougall states: “Forget about being reasonable, sensible, prudent, or moderate. You can’t! You must fix the food. Moderation does not work for changing life-destroying habits.”
“Cigarette smokers never quit by cutting down. Alcoholics do not sober up by switching to beer or wine. You must treat ‘food poisoning’ with the same attitude as you would use to treat drug addiction.”
“Just say NO to the foods that are poisoning you and your family.”
Many of us prefer this “do it right now” plan, which is motivating and does make a lot of sense. But, for some people, it can also build mental resistance for those who want to know how to improve their unhealthy habits without feeling overwhelmed. It’s a lot to take on all at once!
Sometimes, getting healthy for life seems like endless concessions and dreaded changes. It can mean a list of different groceries to buy and new ways to prepare them, and dining with a menu that doesn’t include greasy fast-foods; facing the elliptical, medicine balls, dumbbells, and other dismal looking torture-devices at the gym.
Consider the advice of Suhas Kshirsagar, M.D, and author of Change Your Schedule, Change Your Life.3 “Bad habits like skipping meals, squeezing in a workout when it’s convenient, working late into the night to maximize productivity and then trying to “catch up” on sleep during the weekend, disrupt our natural cycles… our “clock genes” control more than we realize, and small changes can make the difference between battling our bodies, and effortlessly managing weight, sleep, stress, inflammation, and more.”
“Take small and impactful steps toward improved well-being and vitality.”
So, there you have it. The fast and the furious. The tortoise and the hare. Which attitude hits the heart of your comfort zone and which process works best for you? Check out your mental attitude to cultivate positive, healthy change.
How to Improve Mental Health
According to Patricia Harteneck, Ph.D., MBA,4 “Mental health is much more than a diagnosis. It’s your overall psychological well-being… as well as your ability to manage your feelings and deal with everyday difficulties.”
“Taking [these] steps to improve your emotional health on your own can boost your mood, build resilience, and add to your overall enjoyment of life:”
1. Tell yourself something positive. How you think about yourself can have a powerful effect on how you feel. Practice using words that promote feelings of self-worth and personal power.
2. Write down something you are grateful for. The feeling of gratitude is clearly linked with improved well-being and mental health as well as happiness. Write a daily gratitude list. Get into the regular practice of finding something to be grateful for and bask in that feeling.
3. Exercise. Your body releases stress-relieving and mood-boosting endorphins before and after you work out, which is why exercise is a powerful antidote to stress, anxiety, and depression. Little changes include looking for small ways to add activity to your day, like taking the stairs instead of the elevator or going on a short walk. For bigger changes and to get the most benefit, aim for at least 30 minutes of exercise daily, and try to do it outdoors. Exposure to sunlight helps your body produce vitamin D, which increases your level of serotonin in the brain. Plus, time in nature is a proven stress reducer.
4. Eat a good meal. What you eat nourishes your whole body, including your brain. Carbohydrates (in moderate amounts) increase serotonin, a chemical that has been shown to have a calming effect on your mood. Protein-rich foods increase norepinephrine, dopamine, and tyrosine, which help keep you alert.
Your Almased shake is packed with 27 grams of high-quality protein, so it also contributes to your alertness and works to keep you feeling full. But Almased gives you even more than that. Almased helps to avoid food cravings by supporting blood sugar levels and has been shown to improve energy levels and mood as well.
Vegetables and fruits are loaded with nutrients that feed every cell of your body, including those that affect mood-regulating brain chemicals. Include foods with Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (found in fish, nuts, and flaxseed.) Research shows that these nutrients can improve mood and restore structural integrity to the brain cells necessary for cognitive function.
5. Do something for someone else. Research shows that being helpful to others has a beneficial effect on how you feel about yourself. Being helpful and kind—and valued for what you do—is a great way to build self-esteem. The meaning you find in helping others will enrich and expand your life.
6. Go to bed on time. A large body of research has shown that sleep deprivation has a significant adverse effect on your mood. Try to go to bed at a regular time each day, and practice good habits to get better sleep.
Insufficient sleep also affects appetite and satiety hormones as well as fat cells. Note that just one serving of Almased provides 400mg of L Tryptophan, helping to produce serotonin and promote happiness, restful sleep, and nightly cell regeneration… all part of getting healthy for life.
Living a healthy lifestyle isn’t as difficult as it seems!
If you’d like to know how to get healthy fast, zoom over to Almased’s 4 Phases to Success.5 The science is solid as clinical studies prove Almased is outstanding because it helps the body use fat for energy much earlier than with a normal diet. This is known as the afterburning effect!
This is all part of the Almased Weight Loss PhenomenonTM.
The following is a story from Lynette B.6 and how she used Almased to get healthy for life!
“About two years ago, I weighed 260 pounds at only 5’7”. I had put on a lot of weight over the years after my thyroid level had gotten out of control. I felt miserable. I have very active kids, but I could not keep up with them. My knees and back would hurt, and I would be out of breath… I tried Slim Fast in the past, and it tasted good, but it did not work at all for me.
During the fast, I would drink a lot of water, broth, and tea… at the same time, I completely got rid of pop. I was addicted to drinking Mountain Dew, and I quit drinking it. Soon enough, my weight started to drop, and I had lost 50 pounds... I felt fantastic. I stabilized my weight by eating regular healthy food and no junk food and being more active. I would walk and run daily.
In total, I lost 92 pounds in about two years. It is as if I dropped a person. My back and knees do not hurt as bad anymore. I used to have to test my blood sugar every day, but now my numbers are stable… I am no longer on any medications because of the diet and lifestyle change I have made.
I feel very energetic now. My children love the difference they see in me. I can now run and walk with them. I was so happy to be able to help my kids learn to ride a bike with no training wheels, by being able to run alongside them. My mom says I look great, and so do my friends. I am proud of myself. I was able to do all of this thanks to Almased!" - Lynette B.
You have the power to take constructive steps to improve your life right now. Don’t wait for a downturn to make good health a priority. It is easier to form new habits when you feel strong and energized.
Once you experience Almased for yourself and how good it makes you feel, you won’t want to stop!
All at once or a little at a time; quick or slow, put into place those routines, habits and regular patterns that will help you feel better and get healthy for life. But start now!