1. Don’t pre-mix Almased hours before you drink it. Waiting too long to drink Almased can lead to a thicker consistency that may not be palatable.
Do mix Almased and drink the shake within an hour of mixing.
You can drink the Almased shake slowly and mindfully, taking (at most) an hour to drink the shake. This can help your body process your shake and help with digestion.
2. Don’t add Almased into your blender or shaker cup first before you add liquid. Almased is a powder, which can be difficult to blend when it is sitting at the bottom of the blender or shaker cup.
Do add liquids into your blender or shaker cup first, then Almased.
This technique will help you mix Almased more smoothly and ensure you’re consuming the appropriate amount of Almased.
3. Don’t mix Almased in hot liquids or tap water. The heat from liquids or chlorine from tap water may destroy valuable enzymes and (some) vitamins, such a Folate and Vitamin C, in Almased.
Do mix Almased with room temperature or cold liquids.
We suggest mixing Almased in bottled or filtered water for best results. You can also mix Almased in skim milk or other milk alternatives, such as unsweetened almond milk – which is most popular among our customers. For an ice-cold frothy blend, add 3-6 ice cubes to Almased.
4. Don’t mix fruit with Almased during the beginning of the Almased Diet so that Almased can effectively help with sugar cravings and support healthy blood sugar levels.
Do add fruit with caution.
Once you start to see weight loss progress, you can add 1-2 cups of low-glycemic fruits, such as berries, citrus fruits, and apples, to your daily diet or to the occasional shake.
5. Don’t skimp out on Almased. Almased helps the body burn fat while retaining muscle mass. Skimping on Almased can lead to early hunger signs and reduced muscle preservation.
Do use the recommended amount of 8 tablespoons of Almased per serving for an average healthy individual.
If you are physically active, use 10 tablespoons per shake.
6. Don’t forget the fiber and oil. Fiber supports bowel regularity and the oil provides healthy fats, such as omega-3’s, that will not only help you stay full longer, but will also help further support the metabolism.
Do add 1-2 Tbsp of flaxseed, chia seeds, or psyllium husk and 1-2 tsp of olive or walnut oil to each Almased shake.
7. Don’t use straws when drinking Almased. When you drink through a straw, you consume air before you consume the shake, which for some can lead to stomach discomfort, such as gas or bloat.
Do enjoy your delicious Almased shake from a glass or cup.